Saturday 19 October 2013

At The Movies Card

Before I start on this week's card, I must thank the team over at Through The Purple Haze challenges for picking my cards for last week's winning entry with the other being selected in the top three- a big happy dance here from me and I can hardly wait to choose an Indigo Blu stamp as my prize because they are brilliant!!
This week's card  features yet another fantastic Simply Betty Digi and the request was to feature food.
I bought this digi a while back with my teens in mind and thought it would be great to make into cards for their friends and movie voucher covers. This example uses the image for a card front. I first coloured the digi using my Copic Markers.

Copic Colours Used:
Skin: YR00, E11, R02  Hair: E35, E53, E57
Popcorn Bowl: BV04, B32  Popcorn: E53, Y11
Shirt: YG06, G05, G07  Jeans: B45, B93, B97, BG10
Seat: BV23, C5, C7  Cushion: R17, R46, R59
Cup: Y08, Y11, Y17



Once the image was coloured, I went over the base of the headband and the glass frames with a light blue Spica Pen- you know I looove a bit of sparkle.
The shape for the card and the image card were made using the Grand Labels 11 Set from Spellbinders. 
I folded the black card in half and then placed the Spellbinder die along the fold edge before cutting. 
Once the white card was mounted, I went around the embossing line on the black card with white gel pen to create faux stitching.
The embellishments were from my stash- I was lucky enough to find the Coke bottle cap which mirrored the red of the cushion and added Flourish with A Bling pearls in the same colour. The mini tags are from Maya Road. I used layers of foam tape to adhere the cap and tickets to add some depth. 

A simple card this week but it was fun to make. Let me know what you think and check out the other "yummy" entries over at

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant I love it :) Thanks for playing along with TTPH (sian DT)

    ReplyDelete