Wednesday 29 October 2014

13 Days of Halloween- Howling At The Moon!

What will I do once Halloween is over? This post is the second last one for The Princess of Halloween Challenge over at http://simplybettystamps.blogspot.com/ . Today our challenge was to add texture to our card using fuzz, fur or feathers. I chose to add fur in the way of my coloured image and then created a background full of felt stars and a moon.
the image today is from Simply Betty Stamps Teen Scenes Halloween 2012 Collection 'Hooowlloween Miller'. My card has a night sky background paper from my stash. I applied clear embossing ink around the edge of the paper and added Frantage Aged Ochre Embossing Powder. I love this range of embossing powders because they contain so many lovely colours in the fragments.
The Crescent Moon and Stars were cut from felt using a Tim Holtz Sizzix die. I inked the felt using Tea Stain Distress Ink. Flourishes were from Bella and I coloured the image with Copic markers before mounting it on the card front using foam tape.
Perhaps you could win some of the images I have used in my projects by entering the contest over at Betty's blog. Good luck x

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!! Love the big moon in the back with all the swirls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW loooove the great felt moon and stars very clever!

    ReplyDelete